Ethical Dilemmas and Challenges in Correctional Health Care
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals caring for incarcerated patient populations.
1. Identify the ethical dilemma as it presents in your clinical case within the correctional setting.
2. Analyze the multifaceted components of ethical dilemma and challenges in correctional healthcare.
3. Consider the principles of a community bioethical committee as it clarifies the direction to be taken with the ethical dilemma in the correctional healthcare setting.
4. Consider the valuable components of implementing a bioethics committee in the correctional healthcare setting – legal definitions, financial, moral, curbs inherent biases.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
- Newton Kendig, MD (Speaker & Planner)
- Kathryn Binney (Staff)
- Leticia Hall (Staff)
- Naomi Loughlin (Staff)
- Sheena King (Staff)
Other Healthcare Professionals
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 Completion
Select the start button to access the activity.
- Google Chrome (recommended)
- Microsoft Edge