Archived Hematology Only Course
This course features Up to 44.5 hours of comprehensive, exam-focused content, patterned after the hematology ABIM Blueprint.
- 1-year access to high quality video presentations featuring the nation's leading clinician-educators (streaming media and downloadable audio)
- All content can be conveniently accessed from any computer, mobile device, or smartphone
- Practice exam questions
This course is ideal for physicians preparing to take the Hematology and Medical Oncology certification exams as well as individuals desiring a comprehensive review of hematology and medical oncology standards of care.
At the conclusion of the Hematology and Medical Oncology Best Practices course, the successful learner will be able to:
- understand red cell disorders;
- understand both established information and recent clinical advances in coagulopathies, anticoagulant and thrombolytic therapies;
- understand blood and marrow morphology and hematopathology;
- understand both established information and recent clinical advances in immunohematology, bone marrow transplantation, and hematopoietic growth factors.
- be familiar with the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of hematologic malignancies;
- understand the most recent advances in the pharmacology and toxicology of anti-neoplastic drugs; and
- identify strategies for taking the board examinations.
- understand the epidemiology of malignant diseases and management of the medical complications of malignancy;
- recognize the latest advances in cancers of the lung, the breast, and the gastrointestinal tract;
- understand the principles of management of gynecologic and other genito-urinary malignancies;
- contend with complexity of HIV related malignancies;
- recognize principles of new developments in biologic therapy of cancer.
- Session 1: Anemias, Bone Marrow Failure, and Sickle Cell Disease
- Session 2: WBC Disorders and Coagulopathy
- Session 3: Thrombocytopenias, Anemias and Myeloproliferative Disease
- Session 1: Lymphomas, CLL, ALL, CML, Plasma Cell Disorders, and MDS
- Session 2: AML, Pharmacology, and BMT
Supplemental Lectures: Oncology Update
- COVID 19 and Cancer Therapy
- Updates in Breast Cancer
- Updates in Lung Cancer
- Updates in Colon Cancer
- Updates in Urologic Cancer
- New Advances in Pharmacology
- Updates in Pancreatic Cancer
- Updates in Thoracic Cancer