2023 Oncology Update Symposium
The GW Cancer Center is pleased to provide this extensive update of the latest diagnostic and therapeutic advances in the field of Oncology. A panel of experts will deliver the most relevant, cutting-edge science in Oncology today and offer practical tools to help practitioners incorporate these advances into their daily clinical practice.
There are several unique features that set this course apart from the others:
- Expert Faculty- Our faculty, unmatched in experience and expertise presenting the latest scientific findings in Oncology
- All content can be conveniently accessed from any computer, mobile device, or smartphone
- Access to the Course Electronic Syllabus and Slide Handouts
- CME Credits and MOC points
Saturday, June 24, 2023- Oncology Update Symposium
07:00 AM – 08:00 AM
Breakfast | Visit Exhibit Hall
Exhibitors | Attendees
08:00 AM – 08:05 AM
Welcome | Housekeeping Notes
Robert S. Siegel, MD
08:05 AM – 09:05 AM
Updates in Breast Cancer
Pavani Chalasani, MD
09:05 AM – 10:00 AM
Updates in Lung Cancer
Benjamin Levy, MD
10:00 AM – 10:20 AM
Break | Visit Exhibit Hall
Exhibitors | All Attendees
10:20 AM – 11:20 AM
Updates on Neuro-Oncology
Matthias Holdhoff, MD, PhD
11:20 AM – 12:15 PM
Updates in Genitourinary Cancers
Jeanny B. Aragon-Ching, MD, FACP
12:15 PM – 01:15 PM
Lunch | Visit Exhibit Hall
Exhibitors | Attendees
12:15 PM – 01:15 PM
Lunch Product Forum
Sponsored by Genmab
01:15 PM – 02:00 PM
New Drugs and Therapies for Cancer Treatments
Edward Chu, MD, MMS
02:00 PM – 02:45 PM
Update on Hematologic Malignancies
Imad A. Tabbara, MD
02:45 PM – 03:30 PM
Malignancies Affecting the Liver
Nilofer Azad, MD
03:30 PM – 04:15 PM
Cancers of the Esophagus, Stomach and Colorectal Carcinoma
David Ilson, MD, PhD
04:15 PM – 04:20 PM
Closing Remarks | Adjournment
Robert S. Siegel, MD
Tysons Corner Marriott
Enoy an inspired stay at our redesigned Tysons Corner hotel. Located 20 minutes form Washington Dulles International Airport and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, our hotel will make your commute easy. Our hotel offers a relaxed environment and restaurant, a menu of delicious favorites.
- Group Rate: US $131.00 per night, plus 13% room tax
- Cancellations are permitted 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalty of one night’s room and tax fee.
- Reservations can be booked directly through the hotel beginning on Monday, April 10, 2023, by calling +1-800-228-9290 or +1-703-734-3200 and refer to group name (The George Washington University Oncology Update Program) or book your guestroom reservations by using the group discount booking link- 2023 Oncology Update Symposium Room Reservations link- BOOK TODAY
- All reservations should be received by the Hotel no later than Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Check-in | Check Out
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Checkout: 12:00 PM
If you have any additional questions about your hotel booking or other logistical arrangements, please email your inquiries to HEMONCBP_Inquiries@finaww.com.
PHYSICIAN CME CREDIT
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 7 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for this activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT CME CREDIT
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA Physician Recognition Award Category 1 Credit(s)™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 7 Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 7.00 ABIM MOC 2
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 7.00 Completion
Exhibits & Sponsorships
Secure your spot at the 2023 Oncology Update Symposium!
There will be exhibit breaks dedicated for attendees to visit the exhibit hall to learn about the latest technology, services, and devices and to connect one-on-one with exhibitors and sponsors.
Exhibits and sponsorship opportunities are available on a first-come, first serve basis. Find out more information by downloading the 2023 Oncology Update Symposium Exhibitor Prospectus Application.pdf
The Hematology Update is a great opportunity for your company to display your products and services and to interact with our audience of 150+ physicians, nurses and allied healthcare professionals.
Our Sponsor Exhibitors will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to improving the care of patients with cancerous tumors
- Educate physicians and other healthcare professionals about your company’s products and service
- Benefit from extended Exhibit Hours throughout the day, giving you maximum visibility
- Reach decision makers in the Oncology market
- Increase your Team and Company’s visibility
HEMONCBP EXHIBIT HALL
Our HEMONCBP Exhibit Hall will offer our Exhibitors the following benefits:
- Maximum visibility and exposure to your target market
- Complimentary Educational Sessions & Exhibit Hall Access for (2) two Company Personnel
- Acknowledgment in Online Course Materials (subject to set course material deadlines)
- Acknowledgement in Educational Sessions
Sponsor Exhibitor Registration Fees
Please refer to the “Registration and Fees” tab for Industry rates.
Sponsor Exhibitor Schedule
Please Note: Refer to the program tab for agenda details.
If you are interested in exhibiting at our HEMONCBP Exhibit Hall during our live sessions, please download the 2023 Oncology Update Symposium Exhibitor Prospectus Application.pdf for more information or you can register through the online exhibitor registration link. 2023 Oncology Update Exhibitor Sponsorship Application
When you register for the Oncology Update Symposium, the registration fee includes:
- Access to the Educational Sessions and Q&A Sessions
- Access to Product Forum Sessions sponsored by Life Science Industry representatives
- Access to the HEMONCBP Exhibit Hall and connect with our Sponsor Exhibitors
- Access Online to the Course Materials (course electronic syllabus and PDF slide handouts)
- Access to Archived Session Recordings until Monday, December 31, 2024
- CME Credit and MOC Points
live | in person registration fees
- Registration fees includes Continental Breakfast, Refreshments and Lunch
Please register by
Residents | Fellows
Nurses | Pharmacists | APN | APA | Advanced Practice Providers | Allied Professionals and Other Healthcare Providers
Sponsored Lunch product forum registration
Lunch Product Forum Hosted by Genmab:
Unveiling a New Therapy in 3L+ DLBCL- Discussing the first-and-only subcutaneous bispecific antibody in 3L+ DLBCL
Presenter: Alan Skarbnik, MD
System Director, Lymphoma and CLL Program | System Director, Immune Effector Cell
and Experimental Therapeutics Program Novant Health Cancer Institute
Clinical Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
Time: 12:15 PM – 1:15 PM | Location: Engage Room
We ask attendees to pre-register by clicking this pre-registration link: GENMAB LUNCH PRODUCT FORUM PRE-REGISTRATION LINK
- Please note that the Ethos CE system is designed to track individual learning. The learning system does not permit shared login; any attempt of this activity will be monitored and your subscription will be at risk to be suspended at GW's discretion.
ATTENDEE INQUIRIES | FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Please contact the FINA Conference Logistics Team at HEMONCBP_Inquiries@finaww.com, if you have any questions or you can refer to the FAQ document.