2022 Hematology and Oncology Best Practices - Oncology Sessions (5 Days)
There are several unique features that set this course apart from the others:
- Expert Faculty- Our faculty, unmatched in experience and expertise, will present the latest scientific findings in Hematology and Oncology, and best practices in the advances in cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship
- Daily Board Review Sessions- Allows attendees to gauge their knowledge base and become familiar with board-type questions
- Access to high quality video presentations featuring the nation's leading clinician-educators (streaming media). You will have access to this course until Sunday, December 31, 2023
- All content can be conveniently accessed from your computer, mobile device, or smartphone
- Access to the course Electronic Syllabus and Slide Handouts
- CME Credits and MOC Points
CME & MOC
Attending 2022 HEMONC is an excellent way to fulfill your continuing medical education requirements. 2022 HEMONC attendees can also earn MOC points by attending sessions, participating in the daily lunch review sessions, and completing the post-course Learner Assessment.
This course is ideal for physicians preparing to take the Hematology and Oncology certification exams as well as for Oncology Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Advanced Practice Providers, Allied Professionals and other Healthcare Providers desiring a comprehensive review of hematology and medical oncology standards of care.
At the conclusion of the Oncology Sessions, the successful learner will be able to:
- Understand the most recent advances in the pharmacology and toxicology of anti-neoplastic drugs
- Be familiar with the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of hematologic malignancies
- Identify strategies for taking the board examinations
- Understand the epidemiology of malignant diseases and management of the medical complications of malignancy
- Understand the principles of management of gynecologic and other genito-urinary malignancies
- Recognize the latest advances in cancers of the lung, the breast, and the gastrointestinal tract
- Recognize principles of new developments in biologic therapy of cancer
- Contend with complexity of HIV related malignancies
- Day 1: Hemoglobinopathies, White Cell Disorders, Bone Marrow Failure and Sickle Cell Disease Overview
- Day 2: Clotting and Bleeding Disorders
- Day 3: TTP, HUS, DIC, HIT, ABO Incompatibility, Hematopoietic Transplantation and Hematologic Complications of Pregnancy
Hematologic Malignancies Sessions:
- Day 4: Lymphomas, CLL, ALL, CML, Plasma Cell Disorders, and MDS
- Day 5: AML, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and Pharmacology
Medical Oncology Sessions:
- Day 6: Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, and Neuro-Oncology
- Day 7: Renal Cell, Prostate, Bladder, Testicular, Ovarian and Endometrial Tumors
- Day 8: GI Oncology, Mesothelioma and Sarcomas
The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City welcomes visitors to Arlington, VA, with luxury hotel rooms, a chic club lounge and more than 17,000 square feet of newly redesigned, versatile event space. Find inspiration within the hotel’s classically inspired interiors or explore nearby attractions in DC and Crystal City.
- Group Rate: US $194.00 per night, plus 14.25% room tax (8.25% occupancy and 6% sales tax)
- Cancellations are permitted 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalty of one night’s room and tax fee.
- Reservations can be booked directly through the hotel beginning on Monday, May 23, 2022 by calling +1-703-415-5000 | +1-800-422-2410 and refer to group name (GWU Hematology and Medical Oncology Best Practices Course) or book your guestroom reservations by using the group discount booking link:
HEMONC Best Practices Group Room Reservations Link
- All reservations should be received by the Hotel no later than Tuesday, July 19, 2022
Check-in | Check Out
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Checkout: 11:00 AM
If you have any additional questions about your hotel booking or other logistical arrangements, please email your inquiries to HEMONCBP_Inquiries@finaww.com.
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PHYSICIAN CME CREDIT
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences designates this live activity for a maximum of 53.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 50.75 ABIM MOC 2
- 50.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 50.75 Completion
Exhibits & Sponsorships
Secure your spot at the 2022 Hematology and Medical Oncology Best Practices Course!
There will be exhibit breaks dedicated each day for attendees to visit the exhibit hall to learn about the latest technology, services, and devices and to connect one-on-one with exhibitors and sponsors.
HEMONC Best Practices is a great opportunity for your company to display your products and services and to interact with our audience of 300+ physicians, nurses and allied healthcare professionals.
Our Sponsor Exhibitors will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to improving the care of patients with blood disorders and cancerous tumors
- Benefit from extended Exhibit Hours throughout the conference days, giving you maximum visibility
- Educate physicians and other healthcare professionals about your company’s products and service
- Reach decision makers in the Hematology and Oncology market
- Increase your Team and Company’s visibility
HEMONCBP EXHIBIT HALL
Our HEMONCBP Exhibit Hall will offer our Exhibitors the following benefits:
- Maximum visibility and exposure to your target market
- Complimentary Educational Sessions & Exhibit Hall Access for (2) two Company Personnel
- Our Exhibit Raffle drives attendees to your booth in the Exhibit Hall. When attendees participate in the Exhibit Hall gamification activities, HCP attendees will be eligible for special prize drawings
- Acknowledgment in Online Course Materials (subject to set course material deadlines)
- Acknowledgement in Educational Sessions
Sponsor Exhibitor Registration Fees
Please refer to the “Registration and Fees” tab for Industry rates.
Sponsor Exhibitor Schedule
Please Note: Refer to the program tab for agenda details.
If you are interested in exhibiting at our HEMONCBP Exhibit Hall during our live sessions, please download the 2022 EXHIBITOR | SPONSOR PROSPECTUS for more information.
When you register for the HEMONC Best Practices course, the registration fee includes:
- Access to the LIVE Educational Sessions and Board Review Sessions with Audience Polling and Q&A
- Access to LIVE Product Forum Sessions sponsored by Life Science Industry representatives
- Access to the HEMONCBP Exhibit Hall and connect with our Sponsor Exhibitors
- Access Online to the Course Materials (course electronic syllabus and PDF slide handouts)
- Access to Archived Session Recordings until Saturday, December 31, 2023
- CME Credit and MOC Points
If you wish to purchase the 2022 HEMONC Best Practices Printed Course Syllabus only, please click here.
live | in person registration fees
- Registration fees include daily Continental Breakfast, Morning/Afternoon Break Refreshments and Lunch
Residents | Fellows
Nurses | Pharmacists | APN | APA | Advanced Practice Providers | Allied Professionals and Other Healthcare Providers
- Please note that the Ethos CE system is designed to track individual learning. The learning system does not permit shared logins; any attempt of this activity will be monitored and your subscription will be at risk to be suspended at GW's discretion.
ATTENDEE INQUIRIES | FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Please contact the FINA Logistics Conference Services Team at HEMONCBP_Inquiries@finaww.com, if you have any questions or you can refer to the FAQ document.