Week 9: Supportive and Palliative Care for SGM Cancer Patients
This week, we will discuss psychosocial stressors that SGM patients and their caregivers may experience, such as concerns around finances and body image, as well as how healthcare providers may support individuals in managing these stressors. Further, we will build an awareness of cultural influences on palliative care needs in order to provide more inclusive and supportive care.
- Identify psychosocial support strategies and resources for SGM patients
- Describe unique palliative care needs for SGM cancer patients
- Identify strategies to support SGM patients with serious illness
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.00 Completion
- 1.00 Certified Health Education Specialist/Master Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®/MCHES®)
- 1.00 NASW
- 1.00 Nursing CEU