Week 8: Policy and Legal Considerations for SGM Cancer Patients
This week, we will discuss some ways that policy impacts the care SGM patients are able to receive, particularly as it relates to non-discrimination, insurance coverage for gender-affirming care, and how healthcare providers can promote and protect SGM patients’ rights.
- Describe policy and advocacy issues that uniquely arise for SGM patients, including barriers to care
- Describe insurance considerations relevant to transgender cancer patients
- Describe strategies to avoid and appeal claim denials for SGM patient care needs
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.00 Completion
- 1.00 Certified Health Education Specialist/Master Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®/MCHES®)
- 1.25 NASW
- 1.25 Nursing CEU