Week 7: Sex and Gender Considerations in Oncology Management
This week, we will focus on biological components, such as genomic and molecular factors, that should be considered when providing cancer care, as well as the possible effects of hormone therapy on the risk of cancer development at various sites.
- Describe genomic and molecular factors important in choosing oncology biomarkers relevant for therapy
- Identify risk management strategies for hormone-mediated tumors
- Describe how hormone therapy may impact medical management for transgender patients with cancer
- Describe sex and gender-based medical management approached in oncology and why it matters
- Identity implications for sex and gender for clinical trials
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.00 Completion
- 1.00 Certified Health Education Specialist/Master Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®/MCHES®)
- 1.25 NASW
- 1.25 Nursing CEU