Week 6: Anatomy-Driven Cancer Screening and Trauma-Informed Care
This week, we will provide an overview of the current cancer screening guidelines for transgender patients. In addition, we will have an in-depth discussion about the importance of trauma-informed care practices, from screening for minority stress to modifying physical exams. Lastly, we will talk through unique considerations in transgender patient experiences.
- Summarize consensus-based guidelines for transgender cancer screenings
- List questions to ask to screen for trauma
- Describe how to use a trauma-informed approach to care
- Identify common missteps providers may make with SGM patients
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.00 Completion
- 1.00 Certified Health Education Specialist/Master Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®/MCHES®)
- 1.25 NASW
- 1.25 Nursing CEU