Week 5: Reflecting on Bias, Ethics and Organizational Change
This week, we will expand upon our initial discussion of bias by discussing strategies to confront our biases and practice empathetic, cross-cultural communication and care. Further, we will continue to center equity in a discussion about ethics in healthcare. Lastly, we will discuss how teams can initiate organizational change in line with the ideals of equity, ethics, and inclusivity that have been discussed in the program thus far.
- Identify strategies to counter implicit bias
- Identify strategies to communicate with empathy
- Describe an ethical framework to guide equitable cancer care for LGBTQI people
- Describe approaches to insensitive comments about LGBTQI patients by colleagues
- Describe a framework for organizational change
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.00 Completion
- 1.00 Certified Health Education Specialist/Master Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®/MCHES®)
- 1.25 NASW
- 1.00 Nursing CEU