Week 2: Determinants of Health Inequity and Intersectionality
This week, we will explore topics from the online modules more deeply, establishing a strong foundation of equity and intersectionality that we can build upon in the coming weeks. Specifically, we will discuss social determinants that affect LGBTQ health, the impact of minority stress, and the importance of intersectionality in our approach to LGBTQ cancer care.
- Describe determinants of health inequity
- Define the importance of using an intersectional lens in patient care
- Describe LGBTQ cancer inequities
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.00 Completion
- 2.25 Certified Health Education Specialist/Master Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®/MCHES®)
- 2.50 NASW
- 3.00 Nursing CEU