2023 Hematology and Medical Oncology Best Practices - Full Session
- Instruction by the nation's leading clinician-educators
- Daily Board Review Sessions- Allows attendees to gauge their knowledge base and become familiar with Interactive case-based board-type questions
- Access to Course Electronic Syllabus and Slide Handouts
- Access to the archived course recordings until Tuesday, December 31, 2024
- All content can be conveniently accessed from your computer, mobile device, or smartphone
- CME credits and MOC points
This course is ideal for physicians preparing to take the Hematology and Oncology certification exams as well as individuals desiring a comprehensive review of hematology and medical oncology standards of care.
At the conclusion of the Hematology and Oncology Best Practices course, the successful learner will be able to:
- Understand both established information and recent clinical advances in immunohematology, bone marrow transplantation, and hematopoietic growth factors
- Understand both established information and recent clinical advances in coagulopathies, anticoagulant and thrombolytic therapies
- Understand blood and marrow morphology and hematopathology
- Understand red cell disorders
- Understand the most recent advances in the pharmacology and toxicology of anti-neoplastic drugs
- Be familiar with the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of hematologic malignancies
- Identify strategies for taking the board examinations
- Understand the epidemiology of malignant diseases and management of the medical complications of malignancy
- Comprehend the principles of management of gynecologic and other genito-urinary malignancies
- Identify the latest advances in cancers of the lung, the breast, and the gastrointestinal tract
- Recognize principles of new developments in biologic therapy of cancer
- Session 1: Hemoglobinopathies, Hemolytic Anemia, Transfusion Medicine and Platelet Alloimmunization
- Session 2: Clotting and Bleeding Disorders
- Session 3: White Cell Disorders, Bone Marrow Failure and Sickle Cell Disease, TTP, HUS, DIC, HIT, ABO Incompatibility, Hematopoietic Transplantation and Hematologic Complications of Pregnancy
Hematologic Malignancies Sessions:
- Session 4: Lymphomas, CLL, ALL, CML, Plasma Cell Disorders, and MGUS
- Session 5: AML, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and Pharmacology
Medical Oncology Sessions:
- Session 6: Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, and Neuro-Oncology
- Session 7: Renal Cell, Prostate, Bladder, Testicular, Ovarian and Endometrial Tumors
- Session 8: GI Oncology, Mesothelioma and Sarcomas
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician CME Credit
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences designates this live activity for a maximum of 70.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 70.25 ABIM MOC 2
- 70.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 70.25 Completion
COURSE MATERIALS | COURSE ACCESS
When you register for the HEMONC Best Practices course, the registration fee includes:
- Access to high-quality ON-DEMAND Educational Session and Board Review Session video presentations
- Access Online to the Course Materials (course electronic syllabus)
- Access to Archived Session Recordings until Tuesday, December 31, 2024
- All content can be accessed from any computer, mobile device, or smartphone
- Earn CME Credit and MOC Points
ON-DEMAND REGISTRATION FEES
HEMONC BEST PRACTICES
Physicians- Group (5 registrants)
Physicians- Group (10 registrants)
Residents | Fellows
Residents | Fellows- Group
Residents | Fellows- Group
Nurses | Pharmacists | APN | APA | Advanced Practice Providers | Allied Professionals and Other Healthcare Providers
Nurses | Pharmacists | APN | APA | Advanced Practice Providers | Allied Professionals and Other Healthcare Providers- Group (5 registrants)
Nurses | Pharmacists | APN | APA | Advanced Practice Providers | Allied Professionals and Other Healthcare Providers- Group (10 registrants)
- For group registrations, please contact the FINA Logistics Conference Services Team at HEMONCBP_Inquiries@finaww.com.
- Please note that the Ethos CE system is designed to track individual learning. The learning system does not permit shared login; any attempt of this activity will be monitored and your subscription will be at risk to be suspended at GW's discretion.
ATTENDEE INQUIRIES | FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Please contact the FINA Logistics Conference Services Team at HEMONCBP_Inquiries@finaww.com, if you have any questions.