2021 Infectious Disease Board Review - Livestream
August 21, 2021 to August 25, 2021
The Infectious Disease Board Review (IDBR) Course is designed to help physicians prepare for the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Infectious Disease certification exam.
This comprehensive review features exam-focused lectures presented by the Nation’s leading infectious disease experts, case-based reviews, online practice exams, and additional study guides and primers.
Learners not taking the board exam will find the course provides a comprehensive and practical update on common topics and challenges in infectious diseases.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify gaps in infectious diseases medical knowledge where further study is needed for board preparation and patient management
- Improve confidence for taking the initial certification exam or one of the maintenance of certification assessment options
- Identify strategies for integrating diagnostic results and patient symptoms to accurately diagnose infectious diseases
- Recommend appropriate treatment options for infectious disease patients
- Assess risk, determine prognosis, and apply principles from epidemiologic studies
- Identify best-practice guidelines to incorporate into the care of infectious disease patients
- Answer questions written in the specific format used by the ABIM for the certification and recertification examinations
The 2021 Infectious Disease Board Review Course will be delivered viewed via livestream. The livestream allows you to participate in the course from any location as long as you have an internet connection.
Livestream participants receive the same exam preparation benefits as if they attended the live in-person course, including:
- Live-streamed faculty presentations
- CME credits and MOC points
- Participating in daily ABIM-style board review question polls
- Live chat for faculty interaction (scheduled daily for registrant discussions and questions)
- Access to recorded lectures, board prep questions, primers, and study guides
- Downloadable MP3 files of audio recordings
The livestream will take place in the eastern time zone and all agenda items reflect that. All sessions will be recorded and made available to all registrants within 24 hours should you miss the live webcast.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and the Infectious Disease Board Review, LLC. The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences designates this live internet activity for a maximum of 101 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 101 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
PAs may claim a maximum of 101 Category 1 credits for completing this activity. NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
For the purposes of recertification, AANPCB accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ issued by organizations accredited by ACCME as an equivalent number of hours of participation.
Certificates of attendance will be provided to attendees who cannot accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
- 43.00 ABIM MOC 2
- 43.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 43.00 Completion
Registration Categories and Fees
Physicians-in-Training (Residents & Fellows)
Allied Health Professionals
Syllabus & USB Drive
Meeting Registration Includes
Access to the following course materials until December 31, 2022:
- Pre-course online materials – board prep question banks, primers and study guides, and online only lectures (available June 15, 2021)
- 5-day Livestream sessions – featuring faculty presentations, daily board review sessions, and faculty Q&A sessions.
- Access to recorded lectures until December 31, 2022 (available shortly after the close of the course)
- Digital syllabus in PDF format (printed syllabus and USB drive are available for an additional cost.
Accessing Course Materials
- Pre-course Online Materials - On June 15, you will receive an email from the course with instructions for accessing the pre-course online materials.
- Livestream – An email with the links to access the course livestream, Q&A, and board review session polling will be sent the week of the livestream course.
- Syllabus & USB Drive - If you purchase the print syllabus or USB drive with PDF files of the syllabus, you will receive them via mail the week of the livestream course.
- Notification of cancellation must be received in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations cannot be cancelled over the telephone.
- Cancellations received before June 15, 2021 are eligible for a refund of 100%, less a $50 processing fee.
- Cancellations received between June 15, 2021 and August 6, 2021 are eligible for a refund of 50%, less a $50 processing fee.
- Tuition is not refundable after August 6, 2021.
- Substitutions will be accepted only with written authorization from the original registrant.
- Note: An attendee who does not cancel in writing and does not complete the course is still responsible for payment.
Payment by Check
If you selected the check option for payment, please remit your check to:
Office of CEHP, Attn: Sheena King
2600 Virginia Ave. NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20037
Unpaid Registration Policy
All unpaid registrations must be paid by either credit card or paper check within 30 days of the date of registration. If a registration fee is unpaid after 30 days from the date of registration, the registration will be canceled.